Re: Can anybody explain this?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Can anybody explain this?
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 11:28:24 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003, Gerald Brazil wrote:
> I was recently shopping at Menard's and saw a Stanley tool set that
> interested me. It was a set of combination open end and ratchet
> wrenches. The ratchet wrench end attracted me because it was fine
> toothed and would operate in a very restricted place. I was just about
> to buy it until I noticed that the set didn't contain a 7/16" wrench. I
> thought at first it was missing in this set, so I looked at others on
> the peg at other sets and none of them had a 7/16" wrench.
>

> If there is anybody in the tool business that should know what they are
> doing it is Stanley. They must have some reason for not including the
> most commonly used size wrench in most tool boxes...what is it?

Well, I don't share your enthusiasm for Stanley w/regards to mechanical
tools, but whatever.  No idea why they'd skip 7/16"...

That said, GearWrench (KD Tools I think?) ratcheting combination wrenches
have been around a while and every mechanic I know has them.  _Super_
useful.  Check out http://thetoolwarehouse.net/shop/TTW360.html

They were the cheapest place around with a good selection a year or two
ago...

Mark