Re: Engineering Question Regarding Splined Shafts

To: Linden Thomson <lindenthomson@optusnet.com.au>
Subject: Re: Engineering Question Regarding Splined Shafts
From: Dave & Marlene <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 12:35:03 -0600
LT,
I don't think that you could be more wrong. The splines carry all of the
torque. The inner & outer cones only keep the wheel centered. The cones
could only drive by friction. The cones & splines definitely need to be
greased. Check this out.

http://www.vtr.org/maintain/wire-wheels-tightening.html

Dave Russell