gas line install question

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: gas line install question
From: JNiolon@uss.com
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 14:32:08 -0500
where did everyone go ???  very quiet lately...

I'm gathering parts and pieces to install a 50000BTU ceiling hung Reznor
gas heater in my shop  (oh goodie...warm this winter)

I've got to run a gas line about 60 feet from the house to the shop and the
route will take it right down the edge of a flower bed  for nearly the full
length...   I plan on using 1/2" coiled copper tubing with flared fittings
for the line (since it's free)...   any suggestions on depth and protection
from digging   without doing a great deal of damage to the planting area...
I thought of putting it in 1.5" pvc and setting it down about 8" deep right
against the concrete driveway which borders the bed... think this will
suffice ???

I'd rather not have to cut and thread black pipe for this run... copper
will be much easier to work with but will need more protection

TIA

john

I have abs of steel !?  They're just covered with a layer of foam padding