RE: pulse type battery chargers

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: pulse type battery chargers
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 19:07:02 -0700
> What are these "float" battery chargers from HF and do they work? They
> were on sale for $7.49 so I bought two.

Like you, I bought two.  One of them died the first time I tried to use it.
The other appears to be a simple regulated voltage source, which should keep
a fully charged battery from self-discharging (well, mostly anyway), but
won't bring a discharged battery back up to full.  Would probably work OK
for situations like many have with their LBC, where the car is parked for
several months at a time; but probably wouldn't be too useful for John's
situation.  However, I haven't tried the remaining unit.

Randall