Cleaning the gutters

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cleaning the gutters
From: "Mark Watson" <watsonm05@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 22:43:07 -0400
Hi there,

     I don't have any useful experience with cleaning gutters other than the
 old fashioned way you mention so I can't help with any info on how
effective
 a pressure washer based solution would be.  However, it certainly looks
like
 a neat product - well I mean a messy but potentially effective product.

     However, I want to mention a product that I had installed on the back
of
 my house.  I would have had it installed on the whole house and the garage
 but couldn't afford it.  It is a product called "Flip-Clean" gutters.
 Unfortunately it may not be available in your area.  A website showing a
 drawing of the installed system is:
 http://www.cstone.net/~savage/FlipCleanGutters.html

     In the drawing the man is wearing a suit while cleaning (flipping) the
 gutter to clean it.  You can really do that - and I have.  The only
drawback
 to the system is that the debris falls out of the gutter in a line on the
 ground right under the gutter.  However, I don't find that to be too much
of
 a problem - YMMV.

     I tried to buy the brackets from the guy who sells them here in
Richmond
 (either he is the inventor or the son of the inventor - not sure) but he
 wouldn't sell them to me citing "insurance reasons" - I think profit
reasons
 but I could be wrong.  Maybe he'd sell to someone outside the Richmond
area,
 don't know.  His name, address and phone number are: Don Faye, Flip
Gutters,
 2104 Decatur St #A, Richmond VA, (804) 233-4845
 Another company is: Flip Gutters of Atlanta 58 River Chase Dr. Villa 30180
 404-784-7414 770-456-9408

 HTH,

 Mark Watson