Diesel Tow Vehicle

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Diesel Tow Vehicle
From: "Ian Miller" <ianmiller07@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 14:46:44 -0400
Ok, Its not about the shop but its about pulling my portable shop.  Because
of my job I can't buy a house for the next 3 years.  That puts me in the
position of maybe not having a garage to stor my cars in next year.  So I'm
selling my 18' open car hauler and purchasing a 36' goose neck hallmark
enclosed trailer wich will easily fit both of my Datsuns.  Now the problem
is I can't pull that with the V8 Cherokee we have been using, so its time
for a new truck.

I'm pretty sold on the new ford 6.0L, but I have heard some rumors of engine
troubles withthe new motor.  So what are yor opinions?  The local Chevy
dealer won't deal on their new diesels.  The truck must be a crew cab for
practicality.  Does anyone have any experience with htese trucks?  what
modifications did you do? What kind of mileage do you get?  How well does it
pull what you haul? ect.

Thanks for the advice,

Ian Miller
66 Datsun 1600 stroker
67.5 Datsun 2L hybrid waiting for the SR20DET and body work