Re: Diesel Tow Vehicle

To: "Ian Miller" <ianmiller07@hotmail.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Diesel Tow Vehicle
From: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 17:52:26 -0400
----- Original Message -----
Subject: Diesel Tow Vehicle

> I'm pretty sold on the new ford 6.0L, but I have heard some rumors
of engine
> troubles with the new motor.  So what are your opinions?

I have a '99 F250 w 7.3 L diesel & 6-spd manual gearbox. I like it a
lot. 18-20 mpg. lots of power, 38 gal fuel tank

I subscribe to a PowerStroke email list. Those that have the 6.0 have
praised its power & economy. There is talk there about problems with
this engine however (mostly fuel injection IIRC). Ford is supposedly
working on fixes but is repairing problems on a case by case basis.
Rumor is that waiting for later 2004 models will get you all the
upgrades.

IMO, I'd look for a 7.3 L or wait to see if Ford fixes the issues with
the 6.0

Eric