Re: Generator advice

To: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Subject: Re: Generator advice
From: "Bill Engle, Sr." <whesr@iglou.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 17:28:03 -0400
Mark,
I have a generator doing just that.  I use a Honda EU2000i  which will
power all of that, though not necessarily at the same time.  It cost
$800 + or - and is worth every penny.  And as a bonus you can talk, even
sleep while it is running.  It is powered by an OHC engine.  The other
people in the paddock don't hate you.  It weighs less than 50#.  The
EU3000 is twice as much but as long as you keep the compressor motor to
1.5 HP or less you should have no problems with the 2000.  If you get
the 2000 and it is not big enough you can get another one (or one of
your racing buds) and hook them together for 4000 watts.

You will never get the Harbor Freight ones anywhere near as quiet, but
they are cheaper and won't last as long.  Just one man's opinion.

Bill