Chain link fence

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Chain link fence
From: "Wayne Farrington" <w.farrington@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 15:13:31 -0700
I am fixing to get ready to start thinking about maybe putting a chain link
fence around the backside of my shop. I have put in plenty of board fences
before and am familiar with the method of holding the 4x4 plumb while the
concrete sets up. Using two 2x4's at a 90 deg angle. Then once the concrete is
solid we would run a string to set the post height and cut off the post top to
string level. Actually we would run the string before hand and set the post
roughly to a designated mark on the post.

How is this done with a metal chain link fence post? How do you hold the post
plumb while the concrete cures? Maybe use a muffler clamp around the pipe and
bolted into a 2x4? How do you set the post height with the metal posts. Leave
them tall and then cut them off like you would do with a wood post? I have
portable band saw that would probably work good for that task.

Thanks
Wayne