Re: Painting an engine block

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Painting an engine block
From: dirtbeard <dirtbeard@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 17:24:41 -0800
Ralph Forsythe wrote:
> Ok, thanks for the replies (to Steven as well!).  I will likely have it
> tanked as that seems like the highest quality way to go.

Just  a quick note, I recently had my TR6
block and head dipped. I believe it is money,
and whatever inconvenience encountered, well
spent.

When you get your block back from the shop,
it may have a little surface rust remaining.
  This is not a problem -- the very
experienced  machinist I used said that as
long as the rust is not loose, it will have
no affect on the paint bonding.  It only has
been three months, but as far as I can tell,
he was 100% correct.

old dirtbeard

los angeles

'72 BSA B50SS