Re: garage heater safety

To: Steven Trovato <trovato@computer.net>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: garage heater safety
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 15:37:49 -0800
At 06:17 PM 1/29/2003 -0500, Steven Trovato wrote:
>Hey, Mike, what's your reason for doing this?  I'm in New York, and my
>garage is part of my house, under the bedrooms.  I leave the heaters
>completely off (except for the pilot lights) when I'm not working in the
>garage.  The garage never goes below freezing even when it hits zero
>outside (with the doors closed, of course).  Why in balmy S. Cal would you
>want to keep the thermostat at 45?

   only because I have found it heats up faster when I go out and work, I
also don't mind working in it when it is in the high 40's with a jacket
on.  Any colder and I won't want to go out there until it warms up.  But
YES it is balmy in S. Calif.  where I live we only hit the high 30's maybe
15 nights a year and we can get all the way to 32 one or 2 nights a
year.  At 45 the heater rarely comes on, it is not done to prevent
freezing, just a rather cool temp I don't mind working in when properly
dressed while it warms up.

         Mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/