garage heater safety

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: garage heater safety
From: JNiolon@uss.com
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 08:51:36 -0600
I searched the archives and didn't really find anything detailed on this...

I'm looking for recommendations on a gas garage heater... electric is too
expensive...
I know there was some discussion some time ago but I didn't save it :-(

did we ever decide what is the safest type gas heater to use in a
shop/garage...

I don't keep gasoline IN that building... it's in another unheated area
But on occasion there are thinners and flammable liquids in containers and
in use there.

infrared ?  open flame gas ??  forced air gas ??   unvented ?  vented ??

its a 625sq ft area.. sealed and insulated walls and ceiling...  4
windows... one 9 ft roll up garage door...

recommendations ???

thanks

john

I've never completely understood anything !!!