Re: Water pumps

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Water pumps
From: Richard Beels <beels@technologist.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 02:35:33 -0500
Jim has the correct answer.  The box should have the adjustment directions.

I'll just add that you want to have a blow-off valve as well.  And if it's
rated for a lower pressure than you're bumping your system up to, well
then, just turn the spring a little tighter until it won't pop, then (based
on how many turns to get the extra pressure), give it a few pounds more
turn and you're set.

At 12/29/2002 at 20:25, Shakespearean monkeys danced on Eric@megageek.com's
keyboard and said:

>OK, a really quick question...
>
>on the pressure switch for a normal residential water pump switch, is
>there a way to "factory zero" it?
>
>My water pressure drops way to much before the pump kicks back it, and
>while there is a simple adjustment on the switch, I turn it in the
>direction I should, but I don't know if I should turn it a half turn or 2
>turns or what.  Nothing seems to make a difference.  I was wondering if I
>could set the switch back to the factory preset and start from there.

Cheers!