Re: Water pumps

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Water pumps
From: Richard Beels <beels@technologist.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 02:57:04 -0500
It's not pressurized to the cutoff pressure - the bladder's there to help
push the water out - giving you more pressure in a smaller tank.  You
measure it when the tank is empty and a regular tire gauge will
work.  There's usually a sticker on tank stating the pressure, usually 20
psi or so.

At 12/30/2002 at 14:19, Shakespearean monkeys danced on Chris Kantarjiev's
keyboard and said:

>OK, since we're talking about pumps ...
>
>How do I go about draining and refilling the system, in particular
>the pressure tank? I'm assuming that the tank is basically empty,
>the air pocket at the top gets pressurized to the pump's cutoff
>and provides pressure to the system until it drops below cutin.
>If I drain the pressure tank, do I bleed it? How far? I see a
>schraeder valve at the side, which I've used to measure
>the pressure and calibrate the system's gauge.... or do I bleed up
>to the valve and then pressurize?

Cheers!