Re: Diesels on ether -- was trickle chargers

To: Steve Dillen <sdillen@telus.net>
Subject: Re: Diesels on ether -- was trickle chargers
From: "Paul A. Asgeirsson" <Pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 14:21:57 -0800
Hi Steve,

If ether shortened the life of a direct injection diesel engine to a high
degree,
I doubt very much that major diesel engine manufacturers would have a permanent
place to put "bombs" so they can be "bombed" to start in colder climates.
Usually at fail to start time, there's a whole lot of diesel fuel in the
chambers
and likely pretty oily in there.

It might be that the "bombs" don't contain ether, but surely it's something
pretty close to it!

Later, Paul A