Re: Water Softener

To: shannah@pobox.com
Subject: Re: Water Softener
From: Donald H Locker <dhl@chelseamsl.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 18:22:23 -0500 (EST)
I have a Culligan softener (that came with the house;) it is not a
rental unit and I don't know how much it cost, but after rebuilding
it, it works OK.

I installed a Water Boss for my sister several years ago and she is
satisfied.

I had nothing but trouble with a S**rs K*nmore softener in a previous
house.  I replaced it with [ummmmm] dang! can't remember the name.
Big brand name with a prominent L (I think) in the name.  Oh.
MacClean.  Best darn softener I could find that I could afford.

A friend has a Kinetico that he really likes.  But it is expensive to
buy and expensive if something breaks.

To summarise, I'd recommend a MacClean or Kinetico.  Water Boss a
close second.

JMHO and HTH,
Donald.