Re: heating oil tank; weird glass explosion

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: heating oil tank; weird glass explosion
From: Jim Franklin <jamesf@bayarea.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 06:30:35 -0700
On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 11:12:59PM -0400, Peter J. Thomas wrote:

>Jim Franklin wrote:
>> I have an unused heating oil tank in my basement. The previous owners
>
>Do you still have the oil burner?  Gas prices in NE are going to rise.  There
>is

No, but the...I don't know what you call it...the boiler? It's still the oil
burning unit, only the burner part has been swapped out. SO converting back
would only necessitate a new burner, not boiler. (it's hot water heat so boiler
isn't the right term). And the line from the tank is still installed.

>a limited supply and alot of new gas comsumption coming online in the next
>couple of years.

Hmm...I'm the only one in an 1100 sf house so costs aren't that much of a
concern...yet...

jim