RE: Which cordless drill? (was RE: Cordless drill clutches)

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Which cordless drill? (was RE: Cordless drill clutches)
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 10:55:47 -0400
Battery charge is the achilies heel of the DeWalt tools.  The design
philosophy of the development team is for maximum umph for a few uses.
It is assumed the user will only drive a few screws or drill a few holes
before putting the battery back on the charger.  That's why a DeWalt (or
almost any BD cordless drill for that matter) will twist your wrist off
for a few moments, and then fall flat on its face.

>>> <Larry_Spector@NAI.com> 09/18/02 10:19AM >>>

I'll be the odd man out, and recommend something other than DeWalt...

I've got a Porter Cable 19.2V and it's by far the best drill I've
owned.
It's got power to spare, and the battery lasts forever. It might be a
bit
heavy for some people, but for my purposes it's great!