Re: Which cordless drill? (was RE: Cordless drill clutches)

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Which cordless drill? (was RE: Cordless drill clutches)
From: Jim Franklin <jamesf@bayarea.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 10:22:10 -0700
On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 09:26:14AM -0700, ken.landaiche@nokia.com wrote:

>My drill uses 14.4V batteries, one of which just died :) So with the cost of
>clutch and battery, it's looking like time to upgrade to 18V.

One thing to remember, the higher voltage batteries usually are
heavier (unless I havent sampled enough, which is definitely likely).

I really like the B&D Firestorm 9.6v. It fits my hand so well I
feel like Homer Simpson with his gun. It may not have the uber torque
for driving 40 lag bolts but it works for my needs. I also have
a Skil 7.x volt that is a bit more cheaply made (I can feel the
case flex when really reefing on tings) but it too was fine.

jim