Re: Shop Rags

To: Scott Hall <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
Subject: Re: Shop Rags
From: dms@scheidt.chem.nd.edu
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 12:32:03 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, Scott Hall wrote:

> I've been reading this thread and I've got to ask: what kind of rags are
> we talking about here?  at first I thought it was the 100 for $3 red ones
> you get from autozone, etc., but whenever I've used them I've thought
> they were worthless, worse than bounty paper towels.  not worth cleaning.

I've got my share of those, and the really cheap ones get thrown out,
but disposible things offend my sensibilities, so I usually wash them if
they're not torn, or covered in grease.
I've also got some nicer red rags, that are quite a bit thicker.  I don't
know where I got them.  I also have a number of terry cloth towels, too beat
up to do duty as a towel, but quite nice to grab hot oily things with.

David