RE: Ordered a parts washer

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Ordered a parts washer
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 19:01:23 -0700
> I bought the Agitene, and it eats away my gloves. Actually makes them
> swell up to the point of being unusable, then they tear. I'm not sure
> I want that stuff on my hands.

Any petroleum product will attack latex gloves.  ISTR there was a warning
circulating in health care circles a few years back not to use even hand
lotion under latex gloves, as many hand lotions contain petroleum products
(like Vaseline), and so would damage the gloves.  There are also warnings
not to use Vaseline or similar products with latex condoms, same reason.

Randall