Re: Mowers and such.

To: Eric Petrevich <eric@megageek.com>
Subject: Re: Mowers and such.
From: Scott Hall <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 21:44:35 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, Eric Petrevich wrote:

> Most of this stuff is well beyond "consumer grade" junk that is meant to
> be thrown away.  That means it's worth fixing.  I picked up a Hustler (now
> Excel) 275 dual-hydrostatic drive mower for a song.  I got the whole
> works... Trailer, 6' mower deck (2 of them), 6' plow, 6' snowblower, RUPS
> cage, and a tons of little parts for it for a song.

while I agree with your basic premise (I too look for ex-pro stuff, for
the same reason as you), I think we need to define 'song'.  round here, I
was amazed to see a snapper z-rider for $2200...right after I bought the
pile of sh!t that is the 42" snapper I have.  if things are that cheap up
north, start buying and loading shipping containers--I'll pay your for
your time.

scott