Was RE: Parts washer? now bent cranks

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Was RE: Parts washer? now bent cranks
From: "Mark Watson" <watsonm05@attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 22:06:34 -0400
Actually you might try straightening the crank.  I've heard that sometimes
it can be done.  I got into a discussion with a guy one day who claimed that
he could straighten the crank on Briggs lawn mower engines without even
disassembling them - apparently there is a special tool for shops to do this
but he was too frugal to buy one - he made something to do the job himself.
Sorry, I can't help on what it would look like.

But think about it - if you try and succeed you'll have a spare lawnmower
and you can share the knowledge you gain with us.  If you try and fail,
well, you're no worse off than you are now.

Mark Watson
(who also hung on to a bent shaft lawnmower for years before ditching it and
then about a year later I learned the above!)