Re: bar height (inches)?

To: Phil Ethier <pethier@isd.net>
Subject: Re: bar height (inches)?
From: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 10:55:36 -0700
On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 05:39:17PM +0000, Phil Ethier wrote:

> >If I were redoing my kitchen, our counters would be 36 for my
> >wife and our island would be 40 for me.
>
> A lower section for kneading dough will come in handy if you are into that
>sort
> of thing.  I'm thinking about a small island with a baker's-height granite
>top.
>  Anybody got a surface-plate they aren't using?  :-)

I found a slab o marble at the local kitchen suppply store.  It's about
18x24", and cost about $30.  It's not surface plate quality, heck, it's
not even as flat as a sheet of glass.  My wife says its great for making
bread, pastry etc, and the results are pretty tasty.

She would like a lower section of countertop with a built-in
slab though.  Working with dough is easier if it's closer to
arm's length away.  My ideal would be an adjustable-height
pastry station.

Eric