Re: bar height (inches)?

To: dwbradbury@ra.rockwell.com, Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: bar height (inches)?
From: Rush <jdrush@enter.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 10:07:34 -0400
I've seen stock cabinets that are as low as 32 in. with a countertop,
ours are 36 which is more typical these days. You want a height that
allows you (and your significant other) to work comfortably without
stooping. If the two of you are widely different in height, consider
different height workspaces for the counter. There are some attractive
ways of working this in to a design, but it is most definitely not
standard. If I were redoing my kitchen, our counters would be 36 for my
wife and our island would be 40 for me. Our barstools are at our island,
so 40 would also makes the barstools more comfortable. Other than
appearance, few people will complain about a high counter. Many will
complain about a low one. Aim high.

Jon

--
Yes, I know my message date is sometime in April 2001. Welcome to
my own personal version of the film Groundhog Day!

Babe! I got you Babe!