Re: bar height (inches)?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: bar height (inches)?
From: Mike Sloane <msloane@att.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 09:02:01 -0400
dwbradbury@ra.rockwell.com wrote:

> What is the typical standard height of a kitchen counter top for a "kitchen
> bar" I know "bar stools" come in two different heights. I will be using the
> taller ones.

Whatever height is "standard", unless you are very short, it is probably too
low. Decide what height you are comfortable with and go with that. If you are
buying stock cabinets, raise them up with lumber and cover the base with
flexible cove molding. Don't accept the "standard" as being right for you.

Mike

> thanks, dave

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
(msloane@att.net)
<http://www.geocities.com/mikesloane>

"For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve
the quality of life, please press 3." --Alice Kahn