RE: Slab for an outside lift

To: "'shop-talk@autox.team.net'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Slab for an outside lift
From: Conrad <conrad@conrad.uk.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 17:28:24 -0000
> I feel like the Aggi Chicken farmer....  the fella graduated

Yes, sorry. Its all about know what questions to ask...doing my best and
learning fast.

> Seriously I don't necessarily use a hardcore as you put
> it....but then again I'm not familiar with your soil.... our

Very wet during the winter, next to a small river.

> As for the footers.... if you have an block wall to pour
> against it's fine... that is your footer.... the slab will
> stay within the confines of that Block.... if you had a

Well, its not the wall itself, but the foundation of the wall, ie the top
surface of my floor will be level with the top of the wall foundation, or to
put it another way level with the base of the first block. What troubles me
is that I don't think the foundation for the wall is very deep so I don't
want the weight on concrete to disturb it. Probly be ok...

> As for the opening in a block walled slab for like the door
> areas... those have to have a footer.... and again I've never
> used anything but the concrete in a footer...

Concrete in a hole it is...

Thanks,

Conrad