Re: Slab for an outside lift

To: "Conrad" <conrad@conrad.uk.net>,
Subject: Re: Slab for an outside lift
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 07:15:54 -0600
I feel like the Aggi Chicken farmer....  the fella graduated from one of
the most famous Collages based in agriculture and decided to go into the
chicken business.

He bought 3 dozen chickens and planted them all head first.... and they
died

Hmmm being a smart fell he got 3 dozen more and planted them feet first and
again they died.... Hmmm

Shot off a letter to the school informing them of the situation and
requested advice on what to do..... the schools Dean sent an immediate
reply..... Dear Sir we are unable to advice you further without a soil
sample!....

Seriously I don't necessarily use a hardcore as you put it....but then
again I'm not familiar with your soil.... our base material here is Very
solid and requires no compacting.... we use a bit of sand on top of our
clay base and things just stay there.... no earthquakes so on and so forth.

As for the footers.... if you have an block wall to pour against it's
fine... that is your footer.... the slab will stay within the confines of
that Block.... if you had a choice I'd have recommended Chair Block on the
top course ( it's one of those weird looking blocks that allows the slab to
be poured right into it)

As for the opening in a block walled slab for like the door areas... those
have to have a footer.... and again I've never used anything but the
concrete in a footer...

Okay I'm off again to play in the Rock Business.... here is my website for
the rocks if you would like to see what I do....   www.turksrock.com and
here is my car website if you would rather check out my shop.... LOL...
http://downtown.ala.net/~kturk

Keith