RE: Inflatable Spare:

To: "'Bullwinkle'" <yd3@nvc.net>
Subject: RE: Inflatable Spare:
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@Prodigy.Net>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 08:54:37 -0700
You could do what I did.  I went to a wheel shop.  I had them weld a
spline drive hub to a center, which they welded to a space saver rim; I
also had them change the offset.  Yes, it was expensive.  What did I
gain?  A very flat wheel.  If you look at the 'A' wire wheel they are
very 'thick' from the protruding hub to the back side of the tire.  I
did all this to gain some trunk space.

My new spare does not help with the diameter during storage.  However I
see no reason why you can't do something similar with the Twin Cam wheel
and end up with whatever you want.

Larry Hoy