RE: Inflatable Spare:

To: Steven Trovato <trovato@computer.net>
Subject: RE: Inflatable Spare:
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 23:13:23 -0800
> Both of these reflect using the rim from the donor car.

I posted earlier about using a T125/80-15 from a modern car (Nissan Maxima I
think), I have it mounted on an original TR3A steel rim (4x15J I think).  I
believe your Twin Cam rim is a very similar size, so this tire should mount
on it.

I'm sure the issues are different for a Twin Cam, but on a TR3A, the spare
tire compartment is not wide enough for a 165-15, which is about the
narrowest 'normal' tire available today.  The T125 fits with room to spare,
in fact my current problem is that I need to replace the original hold down
straps to keep it from sliding around !  Although it is shorter than even
the short tires I have on the ground, I've driven roughly 60 miles on it so
far with no problems, even at 70 mph.

Randall