Re: I'm not, but Why can't I

To: BOB NOGUEIRA <nogera@Prodigy.Net>
Subject: Re: I'm not, but Why can't I
From: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 13:20:48 -0500
I bought a Hobbyair some time ago from Eastwood.  I felt my safety was more
important than the price it cost, and I weighed the the advantages of not having
to spend my time building something that would then be more awkward to use
reliably and effectively.  But maybe that's just me.

With respect to sharing the HVLP line from a turbine compressor, I think my
Hobbyair looks and sounds just like some of those turbine HVLP units.  But I've
gone with the HVLP equipment that uses shop air, so this would not have been an
option for me.  I find the turbine hose for the respirator to be somewhat
cumbersome.  Although I have an additional air hose for the spray gun, I believe
it is much more workable than one of those garden-hose-sized turbine hoses.

As far as the comment about always using the turbine for painting and breathing
at the same time anyway, I have found my Hobbyair to be very useful for
sandblasting and welding.  The respirator mask fits under both my blast hood and
my welding mask.  Not only do I avoid dust and fumes, but the respirator
prevents
my lens from fogging up.