Re: I'm not, but Why can't I

To: Mark Watson <watsonm05@mediaone.net>
Subject: Re: I'm not, but Why can't I
From: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 07:34:29 -0800
On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 10:56:46PM -0500, Mark Watson wrote:

> [...]

I wasn't clear.

You apply the (slight) vacuum to the booth.  The fresh air vent that
admits air to the booth, instead of running into the booth (or in addition
to doing so), runs into your mask.

This way your mask is at a positive pressure compared to the booth, which
is the goal.

> However, I do agree with
> the other previous post about being careful about other contaminants being
> introduced into the fresh air stream.

Yep.  A duct high up (not on the floor), possibly with a filter, would do.

Eric