RE: I'm not, but Why can't I

To: "Keith Kaplan" <keithka@microsoft.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: I'm not, but Why can't I
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 22:29:33 -0800
At 08:45 PM 1/28/2002 -0800, Keith Kaplan wrote:

>How about an HVLP compressor?  They typically have enough hose so you
>can leave them outside to draw fresh air, and they surely don't put oil
>into the air, as that would ruin the paint job.  Ditto for dust, so I
>hope the filters are pretty good.  Seems like the low pressure would be
>perfect for breathing, too.  By being a few psi above atmospheric, a

  I think that is all the HobbyAir system is (
http://clmc.hypermart.net/hobbyair.htm ,
http://www.axispro.com/hobby_air/hoblink.html 2 links chosen at random
).  Its puts out a fair amount of air but is _quite_ noisy.  I had to open
it up once after I dropped it and its just a  simple turbine fan inside,
isn't that all a HVLP is ?  The filters are pretty simple also so I would
not trust them to clean up the air that it pumps too much.  The hoses are
long enough to keep the pump in clean air so I don't worry about it.  If
that is all a HVLP system is, then it would probably be cheaper to buy a
cheap HLVP than a HobbyAir or its equivalent but the masks are not cheap,
you have to look into that also.

         mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/