Re: Big Problem

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>, <epetrevich@relavis.com>
Subject: Re: Big Problem
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 06:46:11 -0500
Can't give you simple answer because I don't know what state you're in.

But I can tell you this, your message about possible illegal activities with
a leaking underground storage tank was received in at least one state
level environmental department because a list member receives e-mails
at work.  Almost assuredly nothing will happen as a result of your message
being received, but you should know that the MDE server currently holds
e-mail messages indefinately, and is subject to inspections.

There's no threat in those words what so ever.  I simply want you to
be aware that you already inadvertently told "big brother" in at least
one state so far.

>>> <epetrevich@relavis.com> 11/15 9:00 AM >>>

Morning folks.  I got a friend with a BIG problem on his hands.

I have a friend that was getting ready to sell a property when he removed
the oil tanks (there were 5 of them).

When removed, 3 of the tanks had leaked oil.

Now, the problem.  Has anyone gone through EPA remediation for this type of
thing?  Any ideas what to look for in contractors?  What kind of costs can
he expect?

The property was left to him in a will and now he may end up bankrupt as a
result.  Any ideas?

(is there a "shady" way to handle this?  I'm not exactly clear who knows of
the leaks yet.  (he dug the tanks up himself))

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

///