Re: New Subject ( wasn't anything)

To: jmark.vanscoter@amd.com
Subject: Re: New Subject ( wasn't anything)
From: Mike Sloane <msloane@att.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 11:18:41 -0400
Not to nitpick, but the TE20 was made by Ferguson in the US with a
Continental engine, while the TEA20 was made by their English factory
with a Standard engine. There are a fair number of TEA20's in the US.
You can find out more by going to the Antique Tractor Internet Service
(ATIS) at <www.atis.net> There are several lists for older tractor fans,
including a general list, John Deere, Farmall/International, and
Ford/Ferguson.

Incidentally, the original Healey 100/4 engine and transmission were
also derived from agricultural units (no surprise to me after owning two
of them back in the '60s).

Mike

jmark.vanscoter@amd.com wrote:

> I have a TR3 (sold my TR7, looking for another) and Oliver Super 55 and
>Fergusen TE20 tractors. The Fergie was made in England with Continental
>engine). Later, Standard started making the Fergusen tractors with the
>Standard engine, the engine that evolved into the Triumph 2.2 liter/litre
>engine in the TR4. I would jump on one of that model Fergusens, if it was
>reasonable.
>
> The Fergusen connection is why some people used to derisively refer to the
>Triumph engine as a tractor engine!
>
> Mark V.S. in Austin, TX

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
(msloane@att.net)
<http://home.att.net/~msloane>
<http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=204428>

"For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve
the quality of life, please press 3." --Alice Kahn

///