RE: New Subject ( wasn't anything)

To: fickes@acm.org, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: New Subject ( wasn't anything)
From: jmark.vanscoter@amd.com
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 20:45:57 -0500
I have a TR3 (sold my TR7, looking for another) and Oliver Super 55 and
Fergusen TE20 tractors. The Fergie was made in England with Continental
engine). Later, Standard started making the Fergusen tractors with the Standard
engine, the engine that evolved into the Triumph 2.2 liter/litre engine in the
TR4. I would jump on one of that model Fergusens, if it was reasonable.

The Fergusen connection is why some people used to derisively refer to the
Triumph engine as a tractor engine!

Mark V.S. in Austin, TX