Re: Pergo flooring

To: "Dave Munroe" <dave@munroe.ca>
Subject: Re: Pergo flooring
From: Richard Welty <rwelty@suespammers.org>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 20:07:22 -0400
On Mon, 9 Jul 2001 20:15:30 -0300, you wrote:
>Pergo is incredibly tough.
>Not only long-wearing, but extremely hard on your saw blades. Factor in
>enough to replace your saw blade several times, and you will be OK....no
>surprises!

a couple of comments.

we did the research, and went with the formica equivalent to pergo in
our kitchen and family room, about 2  years ago. i liked the formica
system for gluing better than the equivalent Pergo or Armstrong
approaches.

subsequently, we learned to our dismay that if water ever does get
under the floor, it will be destroyed (this after a dead end pipe in
the sofit over the kitchen split during a very cold cold snap here in
upstate NY.)

we now have a hardwood floor in the kitchen and family room, and the
insulation problems that caused the pipe to split are dealt with.

the formica was ok, i have no regrets about having put it in in the
first place, but there are circumstances in which the watertight
guarantees aren't going to mean squat.

richard

///