RE: OT: Pergo flooring or alternatives?

To: ericm@lne.com
Subject: RE: OT: Pergo flooring or alternatives?
From: jmark.vanscoter@amd.com
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 18:23:26 -0500
Eric-

In my experience, the thinset (not quikset) mortar will smooth all moderate
irregularities easily, and the large ones can be smoothed also if you put a
thick enough mortar layer down and use a LONG level. The tiles can easily
bridge expansion joints, but it might be safer to cut the tiles there and
butt them together. Then use colored (black or white) grout to render the
cut also invisible.

Rather than black and white, I am planning a charcoal and gray treatment for
my soon to be started new shop.

Here are some reference from the site of the TV show Hometime:
http://www.hometime.com/store2/tilebooks.htm (books)

http://www.hometime.com/store2/v_bath.htm (video in middle of page)
http://www2.hometime.com/Admin/shopsite/v_4104.htm

http://www.hometime.com/projects/howto/tile/pc2ct03.htm (a little how-to