RE: Slot Car (was Plastic film removal)

To: LSAPEX@aol.com, bn1@pacbell.net
Subject: RE: Slot Car (was Plastic film removal)
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 15:35:41 -0700
Billy Zoom wrote :

> So when was it popular?  I'm 53 and have no idea what slot car racing is.
> I remember kids having slot cars, but I was too old when they came out.

Bill :

I owned several slot cars sometime around 1965-67, and spent many happy
hours running them at the local track, whenever I could scrape together
enough money.  Never entered any official races, but of course there were
always comparisons with the other people who happened to be at the track at
the moment, especially friends.

That was near Washington DC, things may have been considerably different in
other places.  We moved to Iowa in 1968 and I don't recall ever seeing a
track there.

Randall

///