Re: Slot Car (was Plastic film removal)

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Slot Car (was Plastic film removal)
From: epetrevich@relavis.com
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 10:44:11 -0400
I don't think you are dating yourselves.  I'm under 30 and I have had my
share of slot car fun.  As a matter of fact, I learned most of my first
lessons on electrical circuits making my own tracks, transformers, and
such.
My buddies and me used to buy up all the track we could find at flea
markets and make insanely huge tracks.  (we set them up in the top floor of
a garage.  We used most of the 40X30 space.)

I have to admit, that we used the "slot-less" cars.  While slower, it made
for better racing.  (the outside lane is always longer in slot cars)

We could also put obstacles in the track to make for REAL racing action!

And yes, more than once, we had cars catch on FIRE!!  (how's that for real
racing action.)

Inch

I still have some of my ultra fast cars, but the tracks are long gone 8>(

                    LSAPEX@aol.com

                    Sent by:                    To:     bn1@pacbell.net

                    shop-talk-owner@auto        cc:
shop-talk@autox.team.net
                    x.team.net                  Subject:     Re: Slot Car (was
Plastic film removal)

                    05/25/01 09:52 AM

                    Please respond to

                    LSAPEX

We have one in Ashland, MA.
I've been afraid to visit it though..........

<<
 I'm basically just a lurker on this List.

 God, are we dating ourselves?  And, yes, I'm over 50 and my slot car is
still with my 80+
 parents in my "stored stuff area" of the house I grew up in.

 But now I'm really curious.  Do slot car tracks still exist anywhere?

 Bill Barnett
 Santa Ana, CA
 '53 BN1 Healey
 '72 240Z Original Owner
 Early 60's built from scratch slot car that never won a damn thing! >>

///