Re: Slot Car (was Plastic film removal)

To: Billy Zoom <billyzoom@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Slot Car (was Plastic film removal)
From: bn1@pacbell.net
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 22:24:08 -0700
Hi Billy,

I'm also 53 and grew up in Mt. Shasta, a small town in northern CA, 60 miles
south of the
OR border.  It was popular there even when I graduated from High School in '65.
 No, you
aren't too old, just must have grown up in a place with more things to do than
a small
mountain town of 3500 people.  Actually the track was put in the local family
pool hall.
(No booze, you went to bars for that kind of pool.)  We did have a Drive-in
movie, though
;-)

And many thanks for all the other replies!  I have a lot of web sites to check
out over
this long weekend.  Who knows, I may ask my folks to send it down for some
serious
nostalgia!

Bill Barnett

Billy Zoom wrote:

> > I, of course, am under 40 and have no idea what
> > slot car racing is.
> So when was it popular?  I'm 53 and have no idea what slot car racing is.
> I remember kids having slot cars, but I was too old when they came out.
> BZ

///