Re: Air compressors (Was: Sand-blasting and lead loading)

To: gerrybraz@voyager.net, shammatt@sos.net, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Air compressors (Was: Sand-blasting and lead loading)
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 10:31:31 -0700
Lee :

I'd stay away from CH.  Their low-end compressors and accessories are
junk.  Their high-end stuff may be OK, but IMO if they cared at all
about quality, they'd put someone else's name on the cheap stuff.

BTW, my local Home Depot carries IR compressors.  Definitely not cheap,
but their markup seems to be a little less than most distrbutors, may
save you a few bucks if you decide to go with IR.  I know several
professionals that love IR air tools, but don't know if that extends to
compressors.

Randall

Lee Hart wrote:

> Does anyone have any bad experiences to relate for compressors from these
> manufacturers? How about references for good, solid, quiet compressors?
>
> I've looked at the compressors sold by Home Depot, etc. but I'm not
> thoroughly convinced that they are as solid as these units, and they are
> more than half the cost.

///