Re: Air compressors (Was: Sand-blasting and lead loading)

To: Lee Hart <LeeHart@LeeHart.Com>,
Subject: Re: Air compressors (Was: Sand-blasting and lead loading)
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 09:27:37 -0700
At 07:40 AM 5/22/2001 +0000, Lee Hart wrote:

>Fred Marks wrote:
> >It also taxes a 6HP/80 gal compressor fairly hard.
>
>I'm in the market for a 6-7.5 HP 80 gal compressor. I strongly prefer a 175
>psi unit. I know that not all compressors are created equal, and I'd like

   You only mentioned big name brands in your e-mail so maybe you can
ignore this.  I went thru this a few months ago and asked the list.  I
ended up buying a Champion from TIP ( http://www.tiptools.com/ ) and I LOVE
it, its quiet and puts out way more air than my Craftsman AIRless 6hp ever
did.  I got the 5HP Champion but they do have 7.5HP, they also have Quincy
which a friend of mine has had for 4 years with no trouble yet.  Also,
http://www.industrialgold.com/ came recommended from this list and they
have the compressors you are looking for.  They were the right price but I
was not comfortable with the size of the Mom-Pop company.  That was the
impression I got from talking with the owner, he made it sound like they
were a pretty small company, been established many years but I was worried
about parts down the road.  I am NOT saying anything bad about them as a
matter of fact the compressors had impressive specs, just that I was
uncomfortable.  And I am hoping that either TIP or Champion being larger
companies will be around when/if I ever need parts, but size is no guarantee.

         mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/