Re: Finding a vacuum leak

To: James Babcock <jbabcoc@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Finding a vacuum leak
From: "M. Frankford" <martin@virtual-motors.com>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 09:17:24 -0500
I use the brute force approach. Replace all the lines. By the time you find the
leak you could have replaced all the lines. And then another leak will apear.
Vaccuum line is cheap. Replacing all of your 14-year-old-line isn't hard. I
replace hoses and belts before they go bad. I would rather replace them in my
dry
garage wearing old clothes with only 50% wear than along side the road in the
rain wearing a suit when they hit 100% wear. Belts, hoses, and vacuum line are
cheap. Same goes with tires. No economy in using worn out tires.

James Babcock wrote:

> My 1987 pickup seems to have a vacuum leak.  I have heard of ways
> to find a leak such as spraying starting fluid onto the hoses.
> When the engine races, the leak has been found.

///