Re: parts washers, was: Re: Parts Cleaner Fluids....

To: "Scott Hall" <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
Subject: Re: parts washers, was: Re: Parts Cleaner Fluids....
From: "Elton Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 15:12:58 -0600
Scott wondered:

>  I'm mostly curious about the pan/tray--just weld
> a box or am I missing the thing to grab?  I can't think of where I'd find
> a steel box like that, cheap...  and the pump--what to use (is there some
> sort of solvent resistant/non-flammable requirement, or any old pump will
> do?)?

I used a deep stainless sink, I think they call them a "Mop Sink" or utility
sink
and a "real" partswasher pump ordered from a catalog like Grainger's.com.
The primary filter is a copper "chore-girl" scrubber stuffed in the drain,
the secondary filter is a thick gym sock (!) wired over the drain into a 15
gal drum and the final is a 10 micron diesel fuel filter.  I sourced the
sink and the stainless (oven) lid from a salvage yard.
Tony

///
///