Re: parts washers, was: Re: Parts Cleaner Fluids....

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: parts washers, was: Re: Parts Cleaner Fluids....
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 23:06:51 -0800
Scott :

Years ago, I made one from a single tub stainless steel sink (scrounged
from a building they were tearing down), one of those 'drill motor'
pumps, and a plastic 5 gallon drum that originally held restaurant
pickles.  Don't recall what solvent I used, but it was petroleum based
(probably heating oil).  It lasted two years, but got thrown away when
we moved.

The pump in my HF 'sink style' parts washer died after less than a year,
I plan to replace it with another drill motor pump (and the original
drill motor, which I still have).

Who is giving away barrels ?

Randall

Scott Hall wrote:

> while we're on parts washers, anybody here mafe their own to imitate the
> barrel ones?

///
///