RE: cell phone wiring

To: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@avaya.com>
Subject: RE: cell phone wiring
From: "Paul F Mele" <Paul.Mele@usermail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 21:52:29 -0500
I haven't read an explanation.  My thoughts:

content of conversation is likely less intense in car; passenger can see
when traffic is bad and hopefully shuts up(!) or is willing to repeat; phone
user (other end) not so aware. Business transactions more signif...involve
closing a deal/ sale, setting up a meeting, etc...greater consequence.

I've noticed that I'll miss my exit or suddenly not realize that the cars
around me had changed if I'm engaged in too deep a conversation (with
passenger) while driving.  Likewise, I've had drivers of cars in wrecks tell
me that they were talking about this-and-that and "didn't see" something
come up...which caused the crash.  I've watched my daughter drive and sing
along with the radio and not see 4 deer on the side of the road that she
generally would see when she's a passenger and MY music is on the radio (I'm
implying that she's shutting out my music).  I think it all boils down to
how much of your acutal brain "cycles" are being used for "driving" vs the
"other" process