Re: cell phone wiring

To: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@avaya.com>
Subject: Re: cell phone wiring
From: Epetrevich@relavis.com
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 17:14:25 -0500
Ok, I was trying NOT to get dragged into this conversation, but here
goes...
This statistic, MAY be true, but it MAY also be VERY improper.

Think about this.  NOT all drivers HAVE cell phones.  So, you need to
compare the people that HAVE phones with the people having accidents while
talking on them.
What am I trying to say here?  (I'm not a good teacher, so bear with me)
If you took a cross section of drivers with cell phones, they would be
mostly, upper-middle class and up.  I mean, I've never seen a cell phone
mounted in a '83 chevette.
So, what if the people with cell phones were just BAD drivers to begin
with?  (this is my personal belief)

I spent 5 years as a police officer and I can tell you, that when you get
to an accident scene, the person who caused the accident (if there is a
"clear" person responsible, most of the time there is)  that person has
already been involved in other accidents.  So, some people just can't
drive.  Now, if a higher percentage of THESE people were the same ones
with cell phones, you would have a statistic just like the one.  I'm not
saying that it's not valid.  Only that it might not be valid.

Either way, drive safe.

Inch
MailTo:epetrevich@relavis.com

"William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@avaya.com>