Re: cell phone wiring

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>, <Epetrevich@relavis.com>
Subject: Re: cell phone wiring
From: "Tim Mullen" <Tim.Mullen@trw.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 15:14:13 -0800
<Epetrevich@relavis.com> wrote:

> Think about this.  NOT all drivers HAVE cell phones.  So, you need to
> compare the people that HAVE phones with the people having accidents while
> talking on them.

Inch,

The study they did, was not comparing drivers who owned cell phone,
etc.  It was a study of wrecks.  Note I don't call them accidents - kind of
a pet peeve of mine.  An accident is something unavoidable, most car
wrecks happen because someone wasn't doing something right...

Any way, they examined drivers involved in wrecks and determined
how many were using the cell phone at the time of the wreck.  The
study determined that drivers that were USING the cell phone at the
time of the accident.  The study's conclusions were that drivers are
4 times as likely to get in an wreck while using a cell phone than
those who are not using one at the time of the wreck.

Tim Mullen

Chantilly, VA