Re: Funny things about tables.

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Funny things about tables.
From: "Richard Boyce" <rboyce90@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 19:16:33 MST
The easiest way to do the legs is to do them 2 at a time.Clamp or tack weld
a piece between the 2 legs after determining they are parallel and square to
each other. Do the same for the other end. Take these assemblies and tack
them to the table top with 1 tack weld at each leg.Square each double leg
assembly to the table top at each end of the table. Making each leg assembly
square to the table top is now easy as you are moving two legs at a time.
Add a second tack weld to each leg on one end of the table. Check cross
square before adding a second tack to each leg on the other end of the
table. When happy add a tack to each of these legs. Alternately after the
first double leg assembly is squared to the table top and tacked with 2
tacks at each leg and the other double leg assembly is tacked with one tack
on each leg at the other end clamp or tack a straight piece of metal between
the two opposing leg assemblys and adjust the end that only has 1 tack per
leg until you are satisfied everything is square, then add the second tacks
to that leg assembly. Leave the straight piece between the two leg assemblys
until all the welding is done. It won't hurt to add one to the other side
also before welding. When done remove all the tacked or clamped pieces and
you have a perfectly done set of legs. It's actually easier than it sounds.